New member from Denmark

Welcome to Selfdrive4x4! Join the forum, introduce yourself & be part of the self drive community, say hi to new members etc.
henry

New member from Denmark

Post by henry » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:05 am

Hi everyone

Have been dreaming about a self-drive Botswana for years now, and now it's time to "DO IT" YES. :D

My wife and I are 46 and 48, we are planing a self-drive in Botswana june 2013, I doing the research at present, I'm hoping for some help from you guys :) I will post our whishes/questions in the botswana group.
selfdrive4x4

Re: New member from Denmark

Post by selfdrive4x4 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 am

Welcome!

You will enjoy Botswana and best is to go now! June is nice and cool, cold nights but during the day 20-25+ degrees. Best for June: cheaper 4x4 rental rates (end of low season) and cheaper flights to Southern Africa. Nature is mid winter, still yellow green and not dusty like in September / October. And less other tourists!

Cheers
Marco
www.selfdrive4x4.com
Discover unspoiled Africa by 4x4, individual freedom and a true African adventure!
henry

Re: New member from Denmark

Post by henry » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:50 pm

Yes, it's really great - the dream is coming true, the plan tickets, the defender and most camping sites has been booked now.
Our trip will cover most of Botswana but will also take a little detour around Hwange NP in Zimbabwe, our trip starts and end in Jo'burg from end May to end June just about 35days.
This is awesome.