'Open Desert and gravel plains' Sand Dunes and Wildlife, perfect self drive destination
- Posts: 908
- Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:49 pm
We are delighted to tell you that the following rules apply to Khaudum National Park. These and some more are also clearly stated on the required permit and are not negotiable. Although some game wardens might not strictly adhere to the rules mentioned, they are no recommendations but compulsory rules and regulations. Not following the rules might result in a penalty fee and/or imprisonment and/or expulsion from the Khaudum National Park and/or all Namibian state parks.
- Khaudum National Park has two (2) unserviced camps which can be used free-of-charge by campers only
- All overnighting outside these two campsites is striclty prohibited
- Entering the park and driving through the park with less than two (2) 4x4 vehicles is a criminal offence; only one (1) vehicle per group of two may have a trailer, which has to be offroad-certified
- It is a must to carry enough water and food for all travellers for a minimum period of three (3) days and nights - no food, water or fire-wood may be collected inside the park