Route Ihaha - Linyanti

'Wildlife Paradise' Travel, 4x4, National Parks and more.
frank sm

Route Ihaha - Linyanti

Post by frank sm » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:37 am

In August we want to drive from Ihaha to Linyanti. We know there are some tracks from Kachikau to Linyanti through the Linyanti Marsch. One is going from Kachikau to Satau, and Parakarungu to the Linyanti river and longside the river to the Linyanti Campsite.
Does somebody have some information about this or other route and if it is oke to drive in August?
Frank
come-along.nl

Re: route ihaha-linyanti

Post by come-along.nl » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi Frank,

I have never been to Linyanti but I have at least two customers that have been there and are going again coming October. I will ask them to share their experiences.
You'll need a permit to drive the track Kachikau - Satau - Parakurungu - Saile - Linyanti as far as I know...

Cheers, Hans

https://www.selfdrive4x4.com/en/
www.come-along-safari.com
Discover unspoiled Africa by 4x4, individual freedom and a true African adventure!
inlu

Re: route ihaha-linyanti

Post by inlu » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi Frank,

We did a Self-Drive Safari to Botswana back in 2008 and visited Linyanti (Great Place!). Coming October we will go once more.

Here's our Route (Courtesy of Google Earth & Hans Schoelink):

When you drive to Ghoha Gate (S18.23.244 - E24.14.741) you have two options to go to Linyanti. One is via Savuti. This route is longer but probably better. Ask at the Gate what the condition of the track is. When you traverse these tracks on your own you better have yourself a Land Cruiser or Land Rover.

The Campsites at Linyanti are made like Paradise. Most of the time you are on your own and you better stock up really good with diesel, food and water. Watch out: Don't take oranges with you! Elephants love them and will do anything to get to them!

Best regards, Luuk & Ingrid

come-along.nl

Re: Route Ihaha - Linyanti

Post by come-along.nl » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:02 am

Does anyone know how to get a permit to drive the track Kachikau - Satau - Parakurungu - Saile - Linyanti?
Please share it with us!