Savuti & Moremi track conditions (till end of Dec. - 2012)

'Wildlife Paradise' Travel, 4x4, National Parks and more.
come-along.nl

Post by come-along.nl » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:13 am

Please share your updates! :lol:
Last edited by come-along.nl on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.selfdrive4x4.com/en/
www.come-along-safari.com
Discover unspoiled Africa by 4x4, individual freedom and a true African adventure!
kingshaka

Post by kingshaka » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Pictures taken mid October of the watercrossing north of Khwai Village. I think they took the straight line but it's not recommendable to do this. Check for a possiblilty of detouren the straight crossing ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
come-along.nl

Re: Savuti & Moremi track conditions (till end of Dec. - 201

Post by come-along.nl » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:33 pm

kingshaka wrote:Pictures taken mid October of the watercrossing north of Khwai Village. I think they took the straight line but it's not recommendable to do this. Check for a possiblilty of detouren the straight crossing ;)
Kurt McKenzie:

"The khwai river crossing is very low at the moment. When it was in full flood this year you enter the water and follow the bank around to the the right, coming from moremi side. It is like a big horse shoe bend. it just came over my cruiser game viewer bull bar and didnt go onto the bonnet at all. One doesnt have to return via South Gate any more to go to Savuti if you dont want to cross the water. The Game scouts have made a new road that starts at North Gate entrance and goes directly to Sankuyo Village. the public are allowed to use this road as you enter/exit from the gate so the Game scouts can keep an eye on you. Still slightly longer than going through the river crossing but much shorter than going all the way to South gate"
Discover unspoiled Africa by 4x4, individual freedom and a true African adventure!
chioma

Post by chioma » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:48 am

any news about the tracks ??
come-along.nl

Post by come-along.nl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:42 am

kingshaka

Post by kingshaka » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:30 pm

Update mid December 2012:
At Maun we filled up the vehicles and jerry cans with fuel and bought our last provisions for the trip. Once we left the tar for the gravel road we realized that the gravel road was in bad condition. We stopped lower our tyre pressures to 1.4 bar and proceed slowly towards South gate.
Time to pack up camp Savute here we come…… The road was not to bad because of the rain the sandy patches was not to loose but on the other hand (Naas) the water crossings was deeper. The famous water crossing on the other side of the kwai bridge was also under construction look like they are busy building a bridge over the water. We also stopped alongside the road to fill up “Ou Ratel” again. Between Kwai and Mababe gate I came across a big elephant bull crossing the road I gave him time to cross before proceeding but I think that was not enough, because as soon as I got close to him he charged us must say nothing wrong with the speed of the Patrol needless to say I had to change some clothing later. We also had to contend with a big storm on our way. It took us about 6.5 hours to complete the 134 km between South gate and Savute.
Once again it was time to break up camp and of we went towards Kasane.Again the rain helped a lot with the sandy roads and it made traveling easier.

source: 4x4community
come-along.nl

New Bridge North of Khwai Village (Moremi) operational...

Post by come-along.nl » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:27 am

We received an update from a customer that the new bridge just north of Khwai Village is in use! Hope to receive some pictures soon ;)

Located here:

Cheers,
Hans
come-along.nl

Post by come-along.nl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:01 pm

just pulled into Maun now. We were in kasane for 2 nights, savuti also 2 nights and then moremi 1 night. Weather was warm, nothing exceptional though - about mid 30's for most of the day. Couple of thunderstorms. Roads through chobe and moremi are pretty good. Not very wet yet. Lots of water pools in moremi but quite shallow. Only about 3 or 4 pools were close to full tyre depth. Corrugated road from south gate to maun drove me f$&@ing NUTS!! But otherwise, the roads look good.
source: 4x4community