Central Kalahari Game Reserve - Doable itinerary?

'Wildlife Paradise' Travel, 4x4, National Parks and more.
oyshof

Central Kalahari Game Reserve - Doable itinerary?

Post by oyshof » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:18 am

Hi, we've booked campsites in CKGR July 7 (Xade) 8-9 (Deception Pan). I just got news that I might get Passarge Pan 6-7 instead. Is it possible to drive from Ghanzi to Passarge Pan in a day if we go through Tsau?
kingshaka

Re: Central Kalahari Game Reserve - Doable itinerary?

Post by kingshaka » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:01 pm

oyshof wrote:Hi, we've booked campsites in CKGR July 7 (Xade) 8-9 (Deception Pan). I just got news that I might get Passarge Pan 6-7 instead. Is it possible to drive from Ghanzi to Passarge Pan in a day if we go through Tsau?
It's doable but you will be driving all day. T4A tells me it's 242 K's with 8 hours of driving.

Cheers, Shaka
oyshof

Post by oyshof » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks, we'll give it a shot. Leaving Ghanzi for Passarge Pan on the 6th.
oyshof

Post by oyshof » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Our itinerary ended up being Windhoek - Buitepos/Mamuno - Mabuasehube - Ghanzi - CKGR (Passarge Pan - Deception Pan - Sunday Pan) - Maun - Dobe border post - Tsumkwe - Windhoek.

We'll be travelling in two well equipped Landcruiser 76s.

So what I'm wondering is:

How long it takes us to drive from Mamuno to Mabuasehube Main Entrance? Is the main entrance on the East or the North side of the park? And what is the most efficient route from Mamuno to Mabua?

Is the gravel road from Charles Hill to Kule and Ncojane decent, or is it faster to follow the A2 to Kang and then take off towards Hukuntsi and then drive south from there?

Or should I try to push the pickup date for the cars to one day earlier. Drive to Charles Hill the first day, and then to Kang on the A2 on July 1, and then do the last bit to the Mabua entrance from Kang on July 2?

Our plan is to leave Windhoek early in the morning on July 1st, drive as far as possible (our driving stamina is good ), camp along the way and reach Mabua sometime during the 2nd of July. Doable ?