single travellers

Anything you want to share & general discussion. Images, trip reports and all you want to tell to the rest of the world can be posted here...
Frank Seddon

single travellers

Post by Frank Seddon » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi all
I am not a forum sort of person (until now it seems). Can anyone point me in the right direction for any groups/clubs/associations in SA that might organise trips together? I live in London Grrrr and since living in Zims in the 80s have made numerous returns to SA to visit family and travel through the neighbouring countries in a succession of LRs. I now have more time on my hands, unlike it seems, my South African friends and rellies. So whereas I could just take off on my own to, say, Mana Pools there are obvious advantages in travelling with company. My wife abhors all things camping and after the last trip I persuaded her on I am very unwilling to try it again. I am sure I am not alone in my situation - are there others out there?
As it happens I have left thing to the last minute - I am over in a couple of weeks for a month and was planning a trip in the first 2 weeks of November. I suppose I could always invite my sister - but that's a bit like taking your own wildlife on a trip......