Central Kalahari - Fuel advise

Anything you want to share & general discussion. Images, trip reports and all you want to tell to the rest of the world can be posted here...
arnoldcor

Central Kalahari - Fuel advise

Post by arnoldcor » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:35 pm

We will self drive and camp at Deception valley camp and Lethiau Valley Camp during June. Which entrance is best to enter the central kalahari -if saving fuel is the priority. I am driving a car that will give me 3 liter /km in sand. (Any waypoint references en-route and for the two campsites will be welcome as well)
come-along.nl

Re: Central Kalahari - Fuel advise

Post by come-along.nl » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:07 pm

arnoldcor wrote:We will self drive and camp at Deception valley camp and Lethiau Valley Camp during June. Which entrance is best to enter the central kalahari -if saving fuel is the priority. I am driving a car that will give me 3 liter /km in sand. (Any waypoint references en-route and for the two campsites will be welcome as well)
Your best bet will then be Matswere Gate (East entrance). You can fill up at Rakops. It's told that the fuel station there is open again...

Cheers, Hans

https://www.selfdrive4x4.com/en/
www.come-along-safari.com
Discover unspoiled Africa by 4x4, individual freedom and a true African adventure!