Botswana or Namibia August 2010

Anything you want to share & general discussion. Images, trip reports and all you want to tell to the rest of the world can be posted here...
Tabatwa

Botswana or Namibia August 2010

Post by Tabatwa » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:13 am

We are booked for Moremi in August 2010 having secured the bookings just before privatisation.
Two nights Xakanaxa
two nights Third Bridge
One night South Gate
Two nights North Gare

Our concern is the rising waters due to peak in mid August. Reading in between the lines many of the roads are going to be inaccessible and plenty of water crossings to encounter.

After June 2009 in Moremi when we had to drive from Xakanaxa to South Gate in 500 mm deep water and black mud for most of the way in a marathon seven hour journey whick took out a Hi Lux driving in convoy with us we have serious reservations about repeating that type of experience.

This thime the Isuzu has a Safari snorkel fitted; however we are not keen on the high adventure vehicle destroying risks involved with excessive water.

Obviuosly if I switch the dates I lose my bookings which were made at the old prices.

However, I have to make a call. Change plans and go to Namibia instead or stick with plan A;
there will be water around but one can safely detour and the game viewing will be good!
as advised to me on a different forum.

Really appreciare well considered comments. I have counted the days for this trip since September 2009 and do not want another repeat of June 2009.

Tabatwa
come-along.nl

Re: Botswana or Namibia August 2010

Post by come-along.nl » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:15 am

Hi Tabatwa,

all info I receive thru Internet or my customers regarding track conditions in Moremi are posted here:

www.selfdrive4x4.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44

Cheers, Hans
https://www.selfdrive4x4.com/en/
www.come-along-safari.com
Discover unspoiled Africa by 4x4, individual freedom and a true African adventure!